• The following steps are applicable to incoming transitional kindergarten (TK) or kindergarten (K) students requesting Dual Immersion at a CJUSD school and their homeschool is not within the Colton School District boundaries.


    1. Enroll at your home school in your home school district

    2. Complete an Inter District Transfer Request in your home district at your Student Services during your district's transfer period.  Please state the reason for the request is for the Dual Immersion program and the school site you are requesting (Birney, Grand Terrace, Grimes or Zimmerman Elementary).   

    3. Once your request for a transfer has been reviewed and conditionally approved, you will receive a letter in the mail.  

    4. It is imperative that you immediately take your conditional approval letter to the dual immersion site that you requested and process your child's enrollment (be prepared to submit the CJUSD enrollment packet and supporting documents).


    Please visit our CJUSD Student Services page for more information. 


    *Enrollment in the dual immersion program is contingent on space availability


    Click here to view the progression of the implementation of the Dual Immersion program at our Dual Immersion elementary sites. 


  • Option 3: DI for non CJUSD students