To provide child development services and contribute to the well-being of family by offering Preschool programs that focus on the whole child, parent involvement, outreach, and professional services in a helpful, caring, sensitive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- We serve as an interdisciplinary team and value the contributions of each member.
- We are compassionate and caring; devoted to the education and well-being of the families we serve.
- We provide a superior child development program.
- We are a unique partnership of educators, health and nutrition practitioners, parents, and community member which is the key our success.
- We are leaders in child development and serve as a model of a quality program.
- We foster innovation by valuing new ideas.
- We are committed to the success of our families and the communities we serve.
The Dual Immersion Language program enhances 21st century skills such as: creativity, cultural awareness, problem solving, innovation, civic engagement, communication and productivity. It integrates native English speakers and native speakers of another language (Spanish). Instruction is provided to both groups of students in both languages.
The Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) is central to the Local Control and Funding Formula (LCFF), the new way that California public education is funded. The focus of this change is to better serve the needs of students. Please click the above link for more information.
Welcome to San Salvador Child Development programs, home of the CUBS! We are excited to have you and your family with us for the 2019-2020 school year as we have great things planned for all of our preschool students throughout the district.
Our main preschool location is at San Salvador Preschool which is where we have Head Start, State Preschool, and Special Education preschool classes. We also have State Preschool classes at Crestmore, Grimes, Grant, Lewis, McKinley, Rogers, and Zimmerman Elementary Schools as well as Washington Alternative High School. We have a Head Start program at Slover Mountain High School. Please call our Enrollment Center for school and enrollment information. The number is (909)580-5031.
Our focus for the year is on language and literacy- "Today's Readers, Tomorrow's Leaders"! We will be working with each student on comprehension of meaning, comprehension of age-appropriate text presented by adults, phonological awareness, and letter and word knowledge.
We are also excited to continue our Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) program by focusing on our four behavior expectations of C are for Others, U se Language, B uild Friendships, and S tay Safe. Go CUBS !!!!
Director of Child Development