Below is a list of local Internet Service Providers, if you are serviced by an ISP that is not listed, we recommend that you ask them about their low cost, broadband internet options.
Internet access is no longer a luxury service. In today’s world, access to the web is crucial for education, work, job hunting, and staying connected. If you need internet access and feel you can’t afford it, or you have access but are struggling to pay for it, there are programs in place that can help reduce the cost. Most options fall into either government-funded programs or private offerings from Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
Low Cost Internet
Many ISPs also offer their programs for families with low income or other needs that wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford internet access. Generally speaking, there are two ways to qualify:
1 - Through your income
If your income is within 135% of the federal poverty guideline or less, you can qualify for Lifeline assistance. The guidelines vary with household size and the state you live in, but the average federal poverty guideline is generally about $34,000 for a family of four.
2 - Through a government program.
If you or someone in your household participates in select federal assistance programs, you may qualify for Lifeline. These are the eligible programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal Programs for Native Americans
- You may also qualify if a child or dependent participates in one of the listed programs.
If you qualify for free or reduced meals through your school, you wil most likely also qualify for low cost internet access.
Additional information and resources may be found at the following sites:
* Please note, these resources are not affiliated with Colton Joint Unfied School District and are provided for informational purposes only. Colton Joint Unified School District does not endorse or provide any warranty regarding these resources.