Terrace View Elementary School
WORKING IN COLLABORATION WITH
Student Services Department 909-580-6525
Melissa Kingston, Director of Student Services | Christy Padilla, Coordinator of Student Services/CWA | Karla Viramontes, Student Services Supervisor | Yolanda Guerrero, Administrative Assistant | Amelia Villalpando, CWA Specialist | Ana Mariscal, CWA Specialist | Erika Lepe, Secretary | Esperanza Mora, Community Liason | Kathleen Moreno, Community Liason l Clarita Morales, Translator/Receptionist
The Colton Joint Unified School District is excited to offer the Fine Arts Magnet Program at Terrace View Elementary for the 2017-18 school year. Transportation is not provided for this program. It will be the responsibility of parents/guardians to provide transportation to and from Terrace View Elementary.
Terrace View is the Visual and Performing Arts Magnet for Colton Joint Unified School District. Terrace View has over 800 students from the Bloomington, Colton and Grand Terrace area. The school's Visual and Performing Arts component is curriculum based, meaning that instruction in the disciplines of Art, Drama, Music and Dance takes place regularly in the classroom along with Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, and Physical Education.
- Each child has the opportunity to display a work of art created in school/class.
- Students art galleries are in classrooms, in the office, and shown during the Magnet Open House Art Show.
- Field trips are offered throughout the school year to see professional productions.
- Grades 3-6 have an opportunity to participate in the Holiday Performance each December, which includes concert choir and often a short musical.
- An opportunity is available to participate in a large musical production at Colton High School during the spring with community members.
- Each child has the opportunity to participate in a performance before a live audience.
- Band is available for grades 5-6 during regular school hours
- All 4th grade students learn to read music and play recorders.
Researchers have noted that magnet programs promote innovation in teaching and learning, increased parental involvement, greater student engagement, diverse student groups that, when added together, can lead to higher student achievement.
Please note: Students must maintain a 95% satisfactory attendance rate and proper conduct at school and school related activities (no violations of Education Code that result in an off campus suspension). Failure to adhere to these conditions will result in revocation of the Intra/Inter district Transfer and student will be enrolled in the school of residence. Notification of acceptance/denial will be mailed by May 15, 2017.
Terrace View Elementary is located at 22732 Grand Terrace Road, Grand Terrace, CA 92313. (909)580-5016.
Intra/Inter District Transfers will be accepted March 1, 2017, through April 17, 2017 at Student Services; located at 325 N. Hermosa Avenue, Colton, CA 92324.